Question 11 in the Census asks – What is your ethnic or cultural background?
We have produced a Traveller leaflet, along with the Census office, that answers important questions Travellers may have:
1. What does Ethnic or Cultural background mean? Answer
2. I am an Irish Traveller. Why should I mark this on the Census 2016 form? Answer
3. I am suspicious that if I answer this question the information on the form will be given to Social Welfare, the local authority or my landlord! Answer
4. How many Census forms should be used per Traveller family? Answer
5. In Question 11 I am asked to mark ONE section but I am from a mixed background – Traveller and settled. What do I mark? Answer
Click on Leaflet to open.