Pavee Point and the National College of Ireland (NCI) are currently recruiting a Home Visitor for their Parent Child Home Programme (PCHP).
The PCHP is an innovative literacy and parenting programme that strengthens families and prepares children to succeed academically.
The PCHP programme is currently in it’s 4th year and works with Traveller families in the Finglas and Blanchardstown area.
Training will be held on September 5th, 6th and 7th (9:30am-1pm) in NCI.
If you are interested in attending the training please email PCHP Coordinator, Jennifer O’Neill to confirm a place: firstname.lastname@example.org
e or contact Aoife Mallon at Pavee POint (01) 8780255 email@example.com
Position: PCHP Home Visitor
Reporting to: Parent Child Home Programme and Pavee Point Coordinators
Purpose of Position: To deliver the Early Learning Initiative’s Parent Child Home Programme (PCHP)
- PCHP families
- Local Parent Child Home Programme and Pavee Point Coordinators
- Directors of Pavee Point
- Director of the Early Learning Initiative
- Early Learning Initiative team
- National College of Ireland
- Deliver the PCHP programme to three individual children and their families through twice weekly home visits in the Finglas area.
- Participate in a weekly supervision session based in NCI.
- Successfully complete ongoing home visitor training, both accredited and non-accredited.
- Organise and deliver events for the programme families.
- Support other ELI programmes as required.
- Prepare and maintain records, reports and/or test data on the programme and participating children.
- Participate in research activities.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Parent Child Home Programme and Pavee Point Coordinators.
Skills and Experience required:
- Relevant qualifications in early child care and education.
- Relevant experience of working with young children and families.
- Ability to work as a team player in a cross disciplinary, integrated team, sharing roles and responsibilities.
- An energetic, confident and pro-active individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent time management, administrative and organisational skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of College personnel, community stakeholders and other outside individuals/organisations.
Salary: €12.50 per hour
Contract: Fixed term part-time – Subject to on-going funding
Annual Leave: 8% of hours worked.