Pavee Point has a long history of fighting for the rights of LGBTQI Travellers and Roma.
Aims of our work:
- Celebrate LGBTQI Traveller and Roma identity.
- Challenge homophobia and transphobia and preconceptions of what it means to be LGBTQI within Traveller and Roma communities and wider society.
- Educate and create awareness about the diversity of LGBTQI Travellers and Roma experiences.
- Advocate for the inclusion of LGBTQI Travellers in LGBTQI organisations as well as Traveller and Roma organisations.
- Support LGBTQI Travellers and Roma to live authentic lives with dignity and respect.
The Government, under the National Traveller and Roma Inclusion Strategy, has committed to a number of actions in relation to LGBTI Travellers and Roma. We are calling on the Dept of Justice and Equality to develop culturally appropriate supports so that LGBTI Travellers and Roma are included, accepted and protected in their own communities and wider Irish society.
Highlights of our work:
- Our LGBTQI short film hits festivals
- Launch of our LGBTQI short film: Johnny’s Story
- Marching at Dublin Pride
- Breaking the Barriers- Discrimination Against Roma Women and Roma LGBT
- Launch of Traveller and Roma LGBTQ Traveller and Roma Poster
Contact LGBTQI organisations:
Transgender Equality Network Ireland (TENI)
Unit 2, 4 Ellis Quay, Dublin 7.
Transgender Equality Network Ireland (TENI) is a non-profit organisation supporting the transgender community in Ireland in all its variety.
Tel: 01- 873 3575
BelongTo Youth Service
Parliament House, 13 Parliament Street, Dublin 2.
BeLonG To is an organisation for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) young people, aged between 14 and 23.
Tel: 01 670 6223
7 Red Cow Lane, Smithfield, Dublin 7.
LGBT Ireland is a national support service for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender people and their families and friends.
Tel: 1890 929 539
Monday to Thursday: 6:30pm to 10:00pm
Fridays: 4:00pm to 10:00pm
Saturday and Sunday: 4:00pm to 6:00pm