Pavee Point Traveller and Roma Centre, Cork Traveller Visibility Group and Wicklow Travellers Group have teamed up in a new national pilot project to employ four Traveller Domestic, Sexual Gender-based Violence (DSGBV) Community Workers. The project is funded by Tusla the Child and Family Agency.
The aims of the project:
- To support Traveller knowledge and understanding of, and response to, issues of domestic, sexual and gender-based violence
- Improve responses to domestic, sexual and gender-based violence against Travellers through service and policy development
- Work to ensure equality of access to, and outcomes from, domestic, sexual and gender-based violence services to identify barriers and effectively engage with Traveller women in accessing and using their services.
- Promote a model of Traveller participation in the prevention of domestic, sexual and gender-based violence
- Liaise and create dialogue between Travellers and domestic, sexual and gender-based violence service providers in their local areas
- Create and carry out awareness raising and capacity building activities in their local areas
- Inform domestic, sexual and gender-based violence policy and practice at local and regional levels
For more information, contact:
National Coordinator for the Traveller DSGBV Pilot Project: Laura Pohjolainen
Telephone: 01 878 0255 ext. 122
Cork Traveller DSGBV Community Worker:
Fingal Traveller DSGBV Community Worker:
Wicklow Traveller DSGBV Community Worker: